BYU football is a great place to launch an NFL career. Over the past 20 years BYU has had 48 players taken in the NFL draft, including 27 over the past 10 years. BYU also has had nine first-round draft picks. This year 21 former Cougars are on 13 NFL rosters--that’s one of the most by any college team in the west once again. BYU’s highest drafted position is at linebacker, where 14 Cougars have advanced to play in the NFL. Most recently, linebacker Bryan Kehl was taken in the fourth round of the 2008 NFL Draft by the New York Giants, the reigning Super Bowl Champions.DID YOU KNOW...
- 21 Cougars currently in the NFL
- More than 100 NFL draft picks in the last 30 years
- 9 First-round draft picks
- 51 Cougars have played or coached in the Super Bowl
- Two former Cougars are NFL head coaches (Andy Reid, Mike Holmgren)
- BYU’s highest drafted position is at linebacker (14)
- 29 Cougars have gone on to play in the Arena Football League over the past five years