With the donations and support of nearly 5,000 members nationwide, the Cougar Club has helped BYU build one of America’s strongest collegiate athletic programs. Through its fund-raising and promotional mission, the Cougar Club is ensuring the future success of BYU athletics.
Loyal Cougar Club members across America are building the foundation for BYU’s future athletic victories. The changing nature of collegiate athletics means that to compete at the highest levels, BYU must raise more money every year. The costs associated with being one of the nation’s top programs continue to rise dramatically. With that challenge in mind, the support of the Cougar Club and its members becomes an even more important key to the future growth of BYU athletics.
“The BYU donors and fans make all the difference,” says Cougar Club Executive Director Michael Middleton. “For our teams to continue to achieve national prominence, the Cougar Club needs to continue to grow.”FUNDING
Cougar Club donations are used for many vital projects, including:
- Funding the entire athletic program’s recruiting expenses, helping BYU coaches to attract some of the world’s premier athletes to Provo, Utah.
- Building new facilities including the Indoor Practice Facility, Student Athlete Building and Miller Baseball/Softball complex.
- Supporting the Student Athlete Academic Center, which includes sponsoring academic tutoring for student athletes, providing laptop computers for the athletes to use when traveling and sustaining an endowment that provides spring/summer and post-eligibility scholarships that assist current and former athletes to finish their degrees.
There is a Cougar Club membership level for every fan who wants to help BYU continue to build a strong athletic tradition. Individuals and businesses annually make tax-deductible Cougar Club contributions of between $50 and $1,000 based on their financial ability to give and the athletic benefits they want to receive. To acknowledge the generosity of Club members, the athletic department makes a number of benefits available to Club members, including priority seating, parking passes and Club events. However, the greatest benefit of membership is knowing that the Cougar Club is helping BYU athletics continue to be one of the nation’s top collegiate athletic programs.
Cougar Club benefits include:
- Seating priority for home and away sporting events, bowl games and postseason tournaments
- Tax deduction
- Parking passes
- Cougar Club Newsletter and athletic publications
- Monthly luncheons with BYU coaches and athletes
- Invitation to annual Y-Awards Banquet
- Privileges for Club events and Club travel
- Annual “Meet the Team” football reception
- Discounts on exclusive BYU merchandise and commeorative memorabilia
- With costs increasing more rapidly than ticket revenue, additional support is necessary to maintain a full athletic agenda.
- Vital Cougar Club funds help maintain a strong athletic department.
- BYU’s athletic success is dependent on its ability to recruit outstanding student-athletes. Cougar Club provides the essential resources to bring recruits to campus for recruiting visits and to send coaches on the road for recruiting trips.
- Cougar Club funds strengthen the women’s athletic program, helping it to achieve equality with other established programs.
- Cougar Club funds help to provide the best facilities possible.
- A strong athletic program provides opportunities for talented young people to develop their full potential.
- A winning athletic program brings positive state and national recognition to Provo and enhances the local business climate and quality of life.