For those covering BYU women’s basketball please be aware of the policies detailed below. For any questions or clarifications, please contact Norma Collett, the Women’s Basketball Communications Director at: 801-422-4908 (w),
801-372-0989 (c), or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media members should not contact directly BYU student-athletes, coaches, support staff or other Athletic Department personnel for any reason. All interviews must be arranged through the Athletic Communications office prior to being conducted.
- With some exceptions, players and coaches will be available for brief interviews either before or following practice sessions. Some players may not be available at every practice depending on circumstances such as classes, exams, other obligations or scheduling considerations.
- Regarding player injuries, Coach Judkins or the Athletic Communications office will provide official information. In situations where additional information is needed, team athletic trainer Carolyn Billings will be made available when possible to answer additional follow-up questions. Do not ask players for injury news.
- Only comments provided through a standard, mutually recognized interview can be used as content in blogs and stories.
- We support and maintain the philosophy that blog reports should be no different than other information that would be broadcast or published by your organization under the scrutiny of standard professional editorial guidelines and principles. We request your cooperation in helping us maintain a professional environment in this effort.
- The NCAA mandated 10-minute cooling off period will be enforced.
- Coach Jeff Judkins will address the media in the post-game interview room following the student-athletes.
- Two to three requested student-athletes will be available to address the media in the post-game interview room following the mandatory cooling off period.
- All requests for interviews must be coordinated through the BYU Athletic Communications office.
- The BYU locker room is closed to the media.
- All working media personnel who plan on covering a women’s basketball home event will be put on a media list. Media can enter the Marriott Center through the elevators near the main ticket office entrance. Special Events staff are located at the elevators and will clear your name for entrance to the arena. Each media representative will be assigned a specific seat on press row.
- No parking passes are needed for women’s basketball games.
Radio lines (ISDN or analog) are available for use by visiting radio entities. The radio station must make these requests in advance by contacting Justin Durfey at 801-422-6022 of the Marriott Center Special Events Staff.
Stat monitors will be made available for radio and/or television stations broadcasting the games.
- Credentialed media outlets are permitted to post a blog entry or use other forms of instantaneous reporting (i.e., twitter and social media, etc.) a maximum of five (5) times per half, once (1) at halftime and twice (2) during each overtime session.
- Credentialed media may not participate in two-way dialog or real-time chats, including in-game Q&A.
- Play-by-play reports are not permitted.
- Media may blog or file a report (i.e., twitter, social media, etc.) only for the organization for which they are officially credentialed.
- Additional credentials will not be issued to credentialed media outlets to accommodate blogging.
- In general, scoring updates, periodic analysis and time remaining is permissible content.
- Play-by-play descriptions and detailed statistical analysis of the game is not permitted.
- Any private conversations or interactions between individuals, including coaches, players, administrators, staff, members of the media, etc. are not appropriate content for blogging or for any other reporting.
- BYU Athletic Communications personnel will be the final authority to determine if a news entity/network is following these policies.
Telephone lines are available for use in the pressroom on a first come, first served basis. Collect or credit card calls can be made from these telephones.
Game results and stats files will be faxed and emailed at the conclusion of the game. These requests must be made in advance with the women’s basketball communications director.
Statistics will be distributed during media time outs to all broadcast entities. Halftime stats will also be distributed to all media representatives covering the game.
Complete final stats packets and post-game notes will be provided approximately 15 minutes after the game.
The latest news, statistics and information regarding BYU women’s basketball is available 24 hours a day on BYU’s official athletics website www.byucougars.com
Media members may contact Norma Collett to receive news releases and games notes via email.
All media access and credentials are provided at the sole discretion of BYU and the Athletic Communications department. Credentials and access can be revoked at any time for any reason. This policy may change or be revised at any time.