Jackson Emery concludes his BYU career as the all-time leader in career steals. (Photo by Mark Philbrick/BYU Photo)
CLICK HERE FOR GAME STORY
- Jackson Emery opened the game shooting a perfect 3-for-3 from the field in the first seven minutes of play. However, the senior guard was saddled with two fouls with 11:38 remaining and spent the remainder of the half on the bench.
- The nation's leading scorer Jimmer Fredette opened the game shooting 0-for-7 but with 6:16 remaining, the senior guard made his first basket of the night. Fredette finished the half with 10 points scoring 10 of BYU’s last 15 points of the first half.
- Stephen Rogers came into the game and provided a spark for the Cougars in the first half both on offense and defense, hitting 2 three-pointers and a free throw, recording 2 steals and grabbing 3 rebounds.
- Fredette scored 22 of BYU’s 32 points in the second half.
- Kyle Collinsworth recorded a career-high 15 rebounds to lead the Cougars on the boards.
- Noah Hartsock posted a career-high 3 steals in the loss.
- Fredette finished his career with a BYU-record 2,599 career points in addition to 515 assists and 167 steals. His 1,068 points scored this season are a single-season record.
- Jackson Emery finished his career with 249 steals, 101 of which came this season. Both totals are BYU records.
- Florida opened the game shooting 9-for-11 from the field.
- The Gators committed 10 turnovers in the first half with 7 coming from Cougar steals in the first half.
- Florida assisted on 23 of 31 field goals while the Cougars assisted on just 13 of 25.
- With 18:30 left to be played, Fredette moved into third place all-time in career field goals made at BYU. Devin Durrant previously held the third place spot making 832 field goals from 1978-80, 82-84. Fredette concludes his career with 836 field goals.
- Fredette made three free throws in the game and became the all-time BYU leader in free throws made through a career having made 623. Once again, Fredette passed Durrant who made 621 during his four year career. Fredette concludes his career with 627 made free throws.
- Fredette finished with 32 points tying his performance versus Wofford last week for the fourth best Cougar scoring performance in an NCAA tournament game.
- Fredette's 11 field goals tie the senior guard with three other performances for the third best in field goals made during an NCAA tournament game while his 29 attempts are a BYU NCAA tournament record.
- 15 boards tied Collinsworth with Michael Smith for the third most rebounds in an NCAA tournament game.
- BYU trailed by as many as 10 points in the first half but a 6-0 run tied the game at 27-27 with 4:26 remaining.
- The Cougars took their first lead, 32-30, with 3:02 remaining off a Fredette layup.
- Fredette led the BYU in the opening 5 minutes of the second half scoring the Cougar’s first 8 points.
- In overtime the Cougars were outscored 15-6, making just two field goals.