Junior Dolly Chang won 6-2, 6-0 against TCU on Saturday. (Photo by Mark Philbrick/BYU Photo)
SALT LAKE -- The No. 35 BYU women's tennis team beat No. 32 TCU Saturday on neutral courts for its sixth conference win in as many matches.
The win did not come easily for the Cougars. They lost the doubles point for the first time in six matches as the No. 6 team of Anna Sydorka and Ana Cetnik beat the No. 49 duo of Jenny Miccoli and Anastasia Surkova in their first loss in 14 matches.
BYU did win on court three in the doubles competition, but TCU clinched the point on court no. 2. The last time BYU lost the doubles point was at home against Utah on March 16 in the first conference match of the year.
The singles competition was where the Cougars stood out against the Horned Frogs. No. 118 Surkova beat No. 58 Sydorska on court one for her eighth straight-set win in a row and her 15th win in 16 matches.
Jones lost the first set of her match on court two, but came from behind to beat No. 93 Nina Munch-Soegaard in three sets to clinch the team win for BYU. Jones is now 3-3 against top-100 players this year.
Other singles winners for the Cougars included Sofia Holden at no. 5 for her seventh win in a row and Dolly Chang at no. 6 for her second win in a row.
BYU will finish regular season play next weekend against No. 65 San Diego State and No. 50 UNLV in San Diego.
BYU 4, TCU 3
1. No. 6 Anna Sydorska/Ana Cetnik (TCU) def. No. 49 Anastasia Surkova/Jennifer Miccoli (BYU); 8-4
2. Nina Munch-Soegaard/Kewa Nichols (TCU) def. Lauren Jones/Dolly Chang (BYU); 8-6
3. Kristina Doerr/Sofia Holden (BYU) def. Andrea Morgado/Karine Ionesco (TCU); 8-1
1. No. 118 Anastasia Surkova (BYU) def. No. 58 Anna Sydorska (TCU); 6-1, 6-3
2. Lauren Jones (BYU) def. No. 93 Nina Munch-Soegaard (TCU); 1-6, 7-5, 6-3
3. No. 43 Ana Cetnik (TCU) def. Chie Hayasaka (BYU); 6-2, 7-6(2)
4. Kewa Nichols (TCU) def. Kristina Doeer (BYU); 4-6, 6-0, 6-3
5. Sofia Holden (BYU) def. Andrea Morgado (TCU); 6-2, 6-3
6. Dolly Chang (BYU) def. Karine Ionesco (TCU); 6-2, 6-0