PROVO -- After beating two ranked teams in a row, the No. 52 BYU women's tennis team couldn't pull off the third, falling 4-3 to the No. 27 Washington State Cougars.
Dominique Reynolds forced a 3-3 tie after beating Chris Martinez 6-3, 6-2. WSU came out with the win after Nora Gaal beat Nicole Schneider, winning a close first set 6-4 and taking the second set 6-2.
Lu Oswald turned in a strong performance, winning her singles match against Lorena Arias 6-2, 7-5 and, with the help of Lindsay Ferrell, taking her doubles match 8-3. Brooke Beverly and Reynolds combined to win their doubles match 8-6.
The loss drops BYU to 4-7 on the season while WSU improves to 4-2. The Cougars return to action Monday, March 11 against SMU in Provo.
1. Beverly/Reynolds (BYU) def. Perkins/McKenna (WSU) 8-6
2. Ferrell/Oswald (BYU) def. Arias/Sallai (WSU) 8-3
3. Martinez/Roganovic (WSU) def. Khoudoiarova/Schneider (BYU) 8-6
BYU wins doubles point
1. Erica Perkins (WSU) def. Lindsay Ferrell (BYU) 6-0, 6-2
2. Stacy McKenna (WSU) def. Brooke Beverly (BYU) 7-5, 6-1
3. Lu Oswald (BYU) def. Lorena Arias (WSU) 6-2, 7-5
4. Orsolya Sallai (WSU) def. Elizaveta Khoudoiarova (BYU) 6-4, 6-4
5. Dominique Reynolds (BYU) def. Chris Martinez (WSU) 6-3, 6-2
6. Nora Gaal (WSU) def. Nicole Schneider (BYU) 6-4, 6-2
WSU wins 4-3