(Photo by Jeff Wood)
PROVO, Utah – The BYU women’s volleyball team has signed one new recruit for the 2014 season – Danelle Parady.
“We are excited about the addition of Danelle,” BYU head coach Shawn Olmstead said. “She is a great volleyball player and outstanding person. She has a lot of quality experience that will add tremendously to our team.”
Outside hitter Parady, a native of Riverton, Utah, is a four-year starter and team captain at Riverton High School.
She helped the Silverwolves finish the 2013 season with an 18-10 record and a third-place regional finish. In 2012, Parady helped Riverton High to a 20-11 record.
In 2012 she was named to the U. S. Junior National A2 volleyball team after her efforts on Club Utah, a private volleyball club.
· Played at Riverton High School
· Riverton High team captain her senior year
· MaxPreps.com player of the match on Aug. 21, 2012
· Member of the 2012 U. S. Junior National A2 volleyball team
· Played for Club Utah, a private volleyball club
· Played in the 2012 St. George Fall Finale
· Helped Riverton High School finish 20-11 and 18-10 her junior and senior years, respectively