- Parents are Robert and Sheryl Bacon
- Graduated with high honors
- Married to BYU Men's track and field team member Doug Bryant
- Outstanding Senior Athlete at Heritage High School
- Four year all-city, all-conference and all-state in track and field
- Earned three state titles in relays and finished fourth in 1994 state pentathlon
- Named Dr. Pepper MVP of the Week in 1993
Ran 2:12.94 in the 800m-then the third fastest time in BYU history...Cougar Club Scholar/Athlete.
Finished third at the WAC outdoor championships with a 2:08.77 time in the 800-meters.
Received All-America recognition for her part on BYU's indoor distance medley relay team...WAC Indoor Champion in 800m.
Received All-American status for performance in the distance medley relay, which took second at the NCAA Indoor Championships.