301 West South Temple Salt Lake City UT 84101
BYU returns to Vivint Arena, face South Dakota on Saturday afternoon
PROVO – BYU men’s basketball will play its fifth neutral site game in 11 days on Saturday, December 3, when the Cougars face South Dakota at Vivint Arena in Salt Lake City. Tip is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. MST.
Saturday’s contest will be broadcast on BYUtv. Greg Wrubell and Mark Durrant will also be on the call on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio Sirius XM 143 and KSL 102.7/1160 AM.
BYU Notes (5-3 0-0 WCC)
- BYU made a program record 19 3-pointers on Tuesday evening in the Cougars 100-70 victory over Westminster at Vivint Arena.
- The Cougars scored 63 points in the first half against the Griffins, the fifth-most in the opening 20 minutes of a game in program history.
- Jaxson Robinson went 5-of-5 from 3-point range in the first half, making the sophomore guard one of three players to make five triples in the first half without a miss.
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 150-56(8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 73-29 (4th Season)
South Dakota Notes (4-4, 0-0 Summit)
- South Dakota ended a two-game losing streak on Monday evening with a 97-58 victory over Mount Mary.
- The Coyotes made 19 3-pointers in Monday’s victory, their most during the program’s time as a Division I program.
- A.J. Plitzuweit is the leading scorer for the Coyotes as the redshirt sophomore is scoring 12.7 points per game but did not feature in their past two games.
Head Coach – Eric Peterson
- Alma Mater: UW-La Crosse, 2006
- Division 1 Career Record: 4-4 (1st Season)
- Series Record: 0-0
- Last Meeting: Saturday will be first all-time meeting
- H/A/N: 0-0/0-0/0-0
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann, Blaine Fowler, Spencer Linton
- Streamed Video: byutv.org, BYUtv app
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, KSL 102.7/1160 AM, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell, Mark Durrant
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com