Men's golf begins 2017-18 campaign at William H. Tucker Invitational
PROVO, Utah — Defending West Coast Conference Champion BYU men’s golf will open the 2017-18 season on Friday, Sept. 22 at the William H. Tucker Invitational held at UNM South Golf Course in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Spencer Dunaway, Patrick Fishburn, Chad Hardy, Kelton Hirsch, Peter Kuest, CJ Lee and Rhett Rasmussen will return to the 2017-18 roster. Austin Banz will also rejoin the squad after serving a two-year LDS mission to Brazil. BYU men’s golf will add one freshman to the lineup: Andrew Chin of Honolulu, Hawaii.
The 2016-17 WCC champion Cougars will appear in the William H. Tucker Invitational for the second-straight year on Sept. 22-23. BYU placed third at the tournament last year.
Teams will play 36 holes on Friday, Sept. 22 and finish tournament play with an additional 18 holes on Saturday, Sept. 23. UNM South Golf Course will be playing 7,556 yards and par 72.
BYU men’s golf play alongside 16 competing universities: host New Mexico, Arizona, California State Fullerton, Colorado, Colorado State, Denver, Louisiana Tech, UNLV, Nevada, New Mexico State, UT Arlington, UTEP, San Diego, San Diego State, Washington and Washington State.
Tee times will begin Friday, Sept. 22 at 7:45 a.m. MT. Tournament play at the William H. Tucker Invitational can be followed live, as links to live scoring are provided on the BYU men’s golf schedule.
2016-17 Team Storylines
- 2016-17 West Coast Conference Champions
- BYU men’s golf placed first in five of 12 tournaments
2016-17 Individual Storylines
- Patrick Fishburn was named the 2017 WCC Co-Player of the Year
- Patrick Fishburn posted the third lowest individual season stroke average in BYU history (70.62)
- Rhett Rasmussen was named the 2017 WCC Conference Freshman of the Year
- Patrick Fishburn, Peter Kuest and Rhett Rasmussen were named to the 2017 All-WCC First Team