PROVO -- The BYU men's diving team placed first in the 3-meter and platform events, while the women placed second in the platform and third in the 1-meter Saturday at the BYU Invitational.
The Cougars swept the top three places in the platform with Justin Beardall placing first, Scott Randall placing second and Jeremy Budge finishing third. In the 3-meter Randall edged out Beardall for first place.
Diving coach Keith Russell said he was pleased with how his team performed today and they dived much better than they did yesterday.
"We dived to our standards today," Russell said. "We already had Justin qualify for Zones and Scott qualified for Zones today. We're really looking forward to the rest of the season."
On the women's side, Ashley Campbell placed third in the 1-meter finals with a score of 216.75 and Wendy Poppleton finished fourth with a score of 174.00. Campbell also finished second in the platform.
Some members of the BYU swim team competed this weekend at the U.S. Open Swim meet in Federal Way, Wash. Zach Anderson swam the 400-meter free, finishing twelfth in a time of 3:59, while Courtnee Adams swam the 50-free, finishing eighteenth.
1. Scott Randall, 534.45 (BYU)
2. Justin Beardall, 517.05 (BYU)
3. Harley Davis, 400.75 (UofU)
4. Jacob Jewett, 285.95 (UofU)
5. Casey Fay, 345.75 (UNLV)
6. Andy Jones, 344.85 (UofU)
7. Sterling Richards, 343.15 (UofU)
8. Jeremy Budge, 332,95 (BYU)
1. Justin Beardall, 219.60, (BYU)
2. Scott Randall, 218.50, (BYU)
3. Jeremy Budge, 158.70 (BYU)
4. Harley Davis, 144.70 (UofU)
5. Casey Fay, 127.80 (UNLV)
6. Andy Jones, 116.65 (UofU)
1. Nichole McLean, 227.55 (UNLV)
2. Jessica Field, 222.00 (UNLV)
3. Ashley Campbell, 216.75 (BYU)
4. Wendy Poppleton, 174.00 (BYU)
5. Heather Orme, 166.20, (UNLV)
6. Virginia Huntsman, 153.40 (BYU)
1. Jessica Field 173.50, (UNLV)
2. Ashley Campbell, 161.20 (BYU)
3. Nichole McLean, 158.00 (UNLV)
4. Wendy Poppleton, 148.10 (BYU)
5. Heather Orme, 107.00 (UNLV)