Beginning with the season opener for 2019, BYU will introduce a new game day fan experience for home football games at LaVell Edwards Stadium called Cougar Canyon.
Located directly west of the stadium on Canyon Road, Cougar Canyon will open three and a half hours before kickoff. Among the festivities, fans will be able to enjoy the following:
- Autograph signings by BYU teams
- Axe Throwing, inflatables, face painting, caricature artists, and more
- Live bands and DJs
- Large LED video board showing college football games, BYU highlights, upcoming events and more
- Photo opportunities with former Cougar greats and major trophies during the season, such as the 1984 National Championship Trophy, Heisman Trophy, Davey O’Brien Award, Outland Trophy, Doak Walker Award, bowl trophies.
- Local food trucks, including Bandera Brisket, Good Grindz, Jurassic Tacos, JDawgs
- BYU merchandise and apparel for sale
- Corporate partner and football alumni gatherings
- Cougar Walk
The BYU football team will also participate in the new game day experience. The traditional team Cougar Walk will now route through Cougar Canyon two and a half hours before kickoff, allowing fans the opportunity to greet the players and coaches when they arrive at the stadium.
Cougar Canyon will remain open until 30 minutes before kickoff, which will give fans enough time to enter the stadium for the game and enjoy the new improvements at LaVell Edwards Stadium this fall.