PROVO, Utah – No. 7 BYU men’s volleyball returns to the Smith Fieldhouse this week for a pair of conference matches against UC San Diego.
- The Cougars (4-2, 3-1 Mountain Pacific Sports Federation) face off against the Tritons (1-5, 0-4 MPSF) both Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m. MST.
- UC San Diego will face off against Princeton Wednesday at home before traveling to Provo.
- BYU leads the overall series with a perfect 36-0 record, including an 18-0 record at home.
- The Cougars swept the Tritons in both matches a season ago.
- UCSD was picked to finish 12th in the preseason coaches’ poll.
- The Tritons are led by Tanner Syftestad’s 2.65 kills per set, 6.53 assists per set from Jose Carlos Martinez, Tyler Bird’s 3.10 dig average and 1.40 blocks per set from Bryan Zhu.
BYU split a pair of league road matches last week against No. 8 UC Santa Barbara, falling 3-0 on Friday before winning a five-set thriller Saturday night.
Friday night’s match will be broadcast live on BYUtv and simulcast on BYU Radio. Links to live stats and video feeds can be found on the BYU men’s volleyball schedule page.