PROVO, Utah – BYU gymnastics head coach Guard Young announced the signing of three gymnasts this week. The signing period opened on Nov. 10 and closes on Aug. 1, 2022.
“We are super excited about these three new girls,” said Young. “ It was amazing visiting their home gyms and seeing them in their elements this past summer. Texas is an amazing place to recruit from and we found two great girls from there. We are also excited to keep local talent in our program with Kylie being from Orem.”
The 5-foot-2 Frisco, Texas, native attends Independence High School and trains at the World Olympic Gymnastics Academy. Trevor was also recruited by Utah, Michigan, Alabama, Denver, Ohio State, Washington, Penn State and Arizona State.
- 2017 Level 10 state for bars
- 2017 Parkettes National Elite Qualifier for bars
- 2020 All-Around champion at Nadia Comaneci Meet
- Member of the National Honors Society
The 5-foot-six Orem, Utah, native attends Timpanogos High School and competes for Bold Gymnastics. Eaquinto was also recruited by Denver, Utah, Minnesota and SUU.
- 2021 Utah State All-Around Champion
- 2021 Regional Bar Champion
- 2021 JO Nationals Qualifier
- 2021 JO National 4th place bars, 7th All-Around
The 4-foot-eleven Lantana, Texas, native attends Marcus High School and competes for Denton Gymnastics Academy. Patton was also recruited by Nebraska.
- 2020 Competed internationally in Belgium, placed 2nd for USA
- 2021 Nationals: 12th beam, 14th bars and All-Around
- 2021 Regionals: 3rd beam, 5th bars, 5th All-Around
- Student Council member and Honors student
“Because of the circumstances surrounding Covid, none of these girls got to do visits as juniors,” Young stated. “But this actually ended up being a unique experience for them because we got to do a senior trip with all the signees and they got to know each other and feel more comfortable as future teammates.”
These three new girls will join a BYU squad that finished the 2021 season as the No. 19 team in the nation and won the Mountain Rim Gymnastics Conference title.