Oversees media-related broadcast work for BYU Athletics, including radio, internet and social media platforms. Works closely with the corporate sponsorship sales team to create, propose, and secure sales and sponsorship programs. Serves as radio play-by-play broadcaster for BYU Football, BYU Men’s Basketball, BYU Baseball and BYU Women’s Soccer. Hosts weekly coaches’ shows and other shows as assigned.
Years at BYU
- 1996 - present (men’s basketball play-by-play)
- 2001 - present (football play-by-play)
- 2014 - present (women's soccer play-by-play)
- 2021 - present (baseball play-by-play)
- August 2016 - present (Director of Broadcast Media)
- BYU, B.A. Communications, 1990
- KSL Newsradio, October 1989 - July 2016
A native of Canada, Wrubell is the "Voice of the Cougars," and has been part of the BYU football radio broadcast crew since 1991, having served as the team’s play-by-play voice since 2001. He has been the radio play-by-play broadcaster for BYU basketball since 1996, and in 2014 was appointed the voice of BYU women’s soccer. In 2021, he added BYU baseball to his list of play-by-play assignments.
Wrubell, who graduated from BYU in 1990 with a degree in broadcast journalism, has been the long-time host of weekly radio coaches' shows for football and men's basketball, and also covered the Cougars in various capacities for more than 25 years with KSL Newsradio.
Greg and his wife Tauna make their home in Cedar Hills. They have a son and three daughters, and four grandchildren.
- Served an LDS mission in the Brazil, Sao Paulo, North Mission
- Married to Tauna and has four children (Jocelyn, Caitlan, Regan and Afton), and four grandchildren
- Enjoys reading, travel and sports