Ah You works in BYU’s Built4Life Center and reports to associate dean of students Trevor Wilson. Ah You is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive academic plan for each player on the football team. Each plan is created based on the individual needs of the student-athlete and ensures academic goals are created and realized. Ah You is charged with inspiring good academic behaviors for student-athletes and is responsible for tracking academic progress, eligibility and communicating this progress with coaches, administrators and other support staff.
- Established and Implemented current BYU Football Academic Expectation Program with the players and coaches and the Faculty Appreciation Program “Guest Coach for a Day” to honor faculty members each week during the season
- Created and coordinated the BYU Football Trunk-or-Treat activity in 2016 to build relationships with the community. In 2017, student athletes from all BYU sports were invited to join in and participate.
- Developed and Coordinated Youth Pro Day event, Team Big Man’s Camp and Team 7 on 7 Camp
- Coordinated successful BYU NFL Pro-Day events each spring
- Led efforts to create and coordinate current BYU Football Nutrition center and BYU Football Academic Study Lounge
- Reinitiated the BYU Polynesian Club after a 4-year hiatus to provide student-athletes an opportunity to interact and mingle with other students on campus in an uplifting and proactive way
- Member of the Diversity and Inclusion committee on campus
- BYU (2022, MPA)
- BYU (2004, BS Sociology)
- Etiwanda HS
- Directed recruiting efforts and managed player personnel duties for BYU football as the executive coordinator of recruiting and player personnel (2020 to 2022)
- Served as support services coordinator and the NFL/Pro Liaison for BYU football (2016 to present)
- Worked as defensive coordinator and coached defensive line, linebackers and offensive line while coaching at Westlake HS (2011-15)
- Employed as an estimator / project manager doing restoration work on buildings/homes damaged by water, fire, wind and smoke (2004-16)
- Worked with the defensive line as a defensive administrative assistant at University of Utah (2007-10)
- Worked with NFL players Paul Kruger, Derrick Shelby, Steven Paea, Sealver Siliga and Koa Misi
- Coached the defensive line at Snow College (2004-07)
- Served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Guatemala City South and Texas San Antonio missions (1992-93)
- Rancho Cucamonga, California
- Wife is Joann Kalauli and they have a son, Chaz, and a daughter, Zion
- Son, Chaz, plays defensive back and linebacker for BYU and served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the California Rancho Cucamonga Mission.
- Daughter, Zion, graduated from Westlake High School in 2018.
- In addition to his son Chaz, his father Charles played running back at BYU and his two brothers Matt and C.J. both played football for the Cougars. C.J. also played six years in the NFL. Cousins Kinglsey and Harland Ah You also played football for BYU.