Years at BYU
- 2023-present, BYU linebackers coach
- 2022, San Diego State defensive line coach
- 2021 (fall), Utah Tech (Dixie State) defensive coordinator and safeties coach
- 2021 (spring), Eastern Washington, linebackers coach
- 2019-20, Utah State, inside linebackers coach (2019-20) and defensive coordinator (2019)
- 2015-18, Utah, co-special teams coordinator (2016-18) and linebackers (2015-18)
- 2014, Weber State, defensive coordinator and linebackers coach
- 2008-13, Southern Utah, defensive coordinator (2010-13) and special teams coordinator (2008-09)
Bowl Games Coached
- SDSU: 2022 Hawaii Bowl
- Utah State: 2019 Frisco Bowl
- Utah: 2017 Heart of Dallas Bowl, 2016 Foster Farms Bowl, 2015 Las Vegas Bowl
- Part of a defensive staff at SDSU that ranked No. 4 nationally in red zone defense (.690), No. 21 in rushing defense (113.8), No. 21 in tackles for loss (6.8), No. 24 in sacks (2.77) and No. 25 in scoring defense (20.5)
- Utah’s rushing defense finished among the nation’s top 30 in each of his four years, including a No. 5 ranking in 2018 and a No. 6 standing in 2015.
- In 2018, Ute linebacker Chase Hansen earned three All-America honors under Ena’s guidance after posting a team-high 114 tackles, including 22.0 for a loss, which led the Pac-12 and ranked fifth nationally.
- Hansen also garnered first-team All-Pac-12 accolades that season, while fellow linebacker Cody Barton received all-conference honorable mention and was a third-round selection by the Seattle Seahawks in the 2019 NFL Draft.
- Linebackers Gionni Paul (first team) and Jared Norris (second team) merited All-Pac-12 distinction in Ena’s first season with Utah in 2015. Paul led the Utes
- Norris played five years in the NFL with the Carolina Panthers (2016-18) and Washington Football Team (2020-21).
- As co-special teams coordinator at Utah, Ena’s coverage units played a role in the Utes winning the NCAA net punting title in 2016, while the 2017 team was fifth nationally in net punting followed by the 2018 squad, which ranked 15th, while punter Mitch Wishnowsky and kicker Matt Gay captured the 2017 Ray Guy Award and 2018 Lou Groza Award, respectively.
- With Ena as a coordinator, Southern Utah attained NCAA FCS top 25 national rankings on both special teams and defense during his tenure, including a No. 1 rank in net punting in 2009. The Thunderbirds also ranked No. 3 in punt return average and No. 6 in net punting in 2008, No. 9 in punt return average in 2009, No. 17 in scoring defense, No. 21 in total defense and run defense in 2010, No. 13 in sacks per game and No. 19 in pass defense in 2011 and No. 5 in turnover margin in 2012.
- Under Ena’s guidance, SUU ranked second in the Big Sky Conference in 2013 in total defense while occupying the third spot in scoring defense.
- Individual honors during Ena’s time at Southern Utah featured two-time All-America punter Trevor Ward and return specialist Nick Miller, the nation’s leader in all-purpose yards in 2008.
- Other accolades went to All-America defensive tackle Cody Larsen and Freshman All-Americans Zak Browning (linebacker) and James Cowser (defensive end). Browning was also the Big Sky Newcomer of the Year in 2012.
- Four-year contributor at linebacker for BYU (1997-01) while receiving All-Mountain West accolades over his final three seasons.
- He played in 47 games, making 266 tackles, including 23 tackles for loss, two interceptions and six forced fumbles.
- Led the Cougars in tackles his final two seasons in 2000 and 2001, earning first-team All-MW honors after receiving second-team recognition in 1999.
- Ena competed in the Senior Bowl after his final collegiate season before starting his NFL career as an undrafted free agent with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2002
- Played four seasons in the NFL, three with the Eagles and one with the Titans, while playing in 51 NFL games.
- Played in 25 regular season games and four playoff games over his first two years in Philadelphia before returning to the Eagles for six games in his final season in 2005.
- Signed with Tennessee for the 2004 campaign, where he played in all 16 games with five starts, finishing with 32 tackles, including four tackles for loss, as well as a pass defended
- BYU (2001, Bachelor's degree in history)
- Shelton, Washington
- Married to Shari, he has four children
- Son Justice, daughter Olivia and stepdaughters Brooklyn and Taylor.