BYU basketball will play its final game of the Barclays Center Classic against UMass Saturday at 2:30 p.m. EST in the Barclay Center. A live video broadcast of the game will be available via Stadium College Basketball on Facebook. The game will also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143 and 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
Sophomore forward Yoeli Childs has hit his stride offensively over the last two games. Against Niagara he hit 10 of 17 from the field for 21 points. He followed that with a 9 of 16 shooting performance for 21 points vs. Alabama in the Barclays Classic. It is the first time in his career he has scored 20-plus points in back-to-back games.
TJ Haws and Zac Seljaas are riding streaks of consecutive games with a 3-point field goal, both dating back to their freshman seasons. Haws has hit a 3 in 21-straight games, tied for the eighth-longest streak in BYU history. Seljaas had drained a trey in 15-straight games.
Against Alabama, Jahshire Hardnett started for the second-straight game and totaled a career-best five assists.
BYU Cougars (3-2, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 308-113 (13th)
- Record at BYU: Same
UMass Minutemen (3-2, 0-0 Atlantic 10)
- Head Coach: Matt McCall
- Alma Mater: Florida, 2004
- Career Record: 51-20 (3rd)
- Record at UMass: 3-2 (1st)
- TV: Stadium College Basketball (online)
- TV Talent: Chris Hassel (play-by-play, Tim Doyle (analyst), Kristen Balboni (courtside)
- Live Video: Stadium College Basketball
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Jason Shepherd (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
Series Record: Series tied 1-1
Last Meeting: BYU won 77-71, 12/23/14