BYU basketball will play its second-straight in-state road game Saturday when the Cougars play at Utah State in Logan at 7 p.m. MST in the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum. Saturday's game will be televised live on AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain and broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143 and 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
Junior guard McKay Cannon made his BYU debut against Utah Valley after finding out hours earlier the NCAA had granted him a waiver to play this season. He shot out like a cannon in his debut, totaling eight points, two rebounds, six assists, one block and one steal against the Wolverines.
BYU posted a season-best 25 assists on 30 made field goals against Utah Valley. Four different players had four-plus assists, including McKay Cannon (6), Yoeli Childs (4), Elijah Bryant (4) and TJ Haws (4).
Yoeli Childs extended his streak of consecutive games with a double-double to three by scoring a career-best 24 points against Utah Valley while adding 11 rebounds. Childs has four double-doubles on the season and three games with 20-plus points.
BYU Cougars (5-2, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 310-113 (13th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Utah State Aggies (4-4, 0-0 MW)
- Head Coach: Tim Duryea
- Alma Mater: North Texas, 1974
- Career Record: 34-36 (3rd)
- Record at Utah State: Same
- TV: AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain
- TV Talent: Bill Doleman (play-by-play), Joe Cravens (analyst)
- Live Video: None
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
Series Record: BYU leads 141-92
Last Meeting: BYU won 77-63, 11/30/16