BYU men's basketball will begin a two-game road swing when the Cougars play at Loyola Marymount on Thursday at 8 p.m. PST in Gersten Pavilion.
Thursday's game will be televised live on AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain, Spectrum SportsNet, NBS Sports California and ROOT Northwest. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143 and KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- Elijah Bryant and Yoeli Childs have each scored 20-plus points nine times this season. They have both eclipsed 20 points in the same game four times, including Saturday’s 80-65 win over Pacific when they combined for 54 points. Bryant had 28 and Childs scored 26. They combined to hit 18 of 24 from the field and 14 of 16 from the free-throw line.
- BYU’s second half against Pacific was one of its best of the season as the Cougars outscored the Tigers 50-32 and shot 75.0 percent. It was BYU’s second-best shooting and second-highest scoring half of the season.
- BYU defeated LMU 82-67 in Provo in the first meeting of the season. The Cougars outshot the Lions 59.5 percent to 43.6. Elijah Bryant scored 29 points and Yoeli Childs added 15 points, 10 rebounds and five blocks.
BYU Cougars (18-5, 7-3 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 323-116 (13th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Loyola Marymount Lions (6-15, 1-9 WCC)
- Head Coach: Mike Dunlap
- Alma Mater: LMU, 1980
- Career Record: 371-175 (18th)
- Record at LMU: 43-70 (4th)
- TV: AT&T SportsNet RM/Spectrum SN/NBC Sports California/ROOT Northwest
- TV Talent: Steve Quis (play-by-play), Doug Chirstie (analyst)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Terry Nashif (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: BYU leads 14-4
- Last Meeting: BYU won 82-67, 1/18/18
- H/A/N: 7-2/5-2/2-0