BYU vs. Saint Mary's in WCC semifinals
BYU men's basketball has advanced to the semifinals of the WCC Basketball Championships for a fifth-straight year and will face No. 22/20 Saint Mary's on Monday at 8:30 p.m. PST in Orleans Arena. The Cougars are the No. 3 seed while the Gaels are the No. 2 seed.
Monday's game will be televised live on ESPN2. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143 and KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- BYU faces No. 22/20 Saint Mary’s in the semifinals of the WCC Championships on Monday in the Orleans. The Cougars have advanced to the semifinals of the tournament in six of the seven seasons BYU has been in the WCC, including each of the last five years. The Cougars played in the title game in 2014 and 2015.
- Elijah Bryant scored 27 points and Yoeli Childs had 22 vs. San Diego. It was the fifth time this season – and first time away from home – both players scored 20-plus in the same game. They each have 12 20-point games.
- BYU coach Dave Rose has advanced to the final round of the ESPN INFINITI Coaches’ Charity Challenge. Rose is competing to raise $100,000 for the BYU Simmons Center for Cancer Research. Fans can vote daily by composing or retweeting a tweet with the hashtags #Timeout2Vote #CoachDaveRose and at INFINITItimeout.com.
BYU Cougars (23-9, 11-7 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 328-120 (13th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Saint Mary's Gaels (28-4, 16-2 WCC)
- Head Coach: Randy Bennett
- Alma Mater: UC San Diego, 1986
- Career Record: 390-160 (16th)
- Record at Saint Mary's: Same
- TV: ESPN2
- TV Talent: Bob Wischusen (play-by-play), Caron Butler (analyst), Gene Wojciechowski (courtside)
- Live Video: WatchESPN.com
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: Saint Mary’s leads 13-12
- Last Meeting: Saint Mary's won 75-62, 1/25/18
- H/A/N: 9-5/2-7/1-1
- The Orleans Arena and the West Coast Conference have instituted a Clear Bag Policy for all sessions of the 2018 WCC Men's and Women's Basketball Championships. These measures are being implemented in an effort to enhance security and efficiency entering the arena. The WCC clear bag policy is consistent with industry standards nationwide. Fans are limited to one clear bag per person and one small clutch for personal items.
- Clear Bag Policy
- Clear Bag Policy FAQ
Media Credential Pickup and Entrance
- Media credential pick-up will be at the southeast arena entrance of the Orleans, adjacent to their administrative offices.
- Media should enter through the southeast entrance throughout the tournament to have their bags, backpacks, camera equipment, radio equipment, etc. checked.