BYU men's basketball will play a former Mountain West Conference foe for the second-straight game when the Cougars play at San Diego State Saturday at 4 p.m. PST in Viejas Arena.
Saturday's game will be broadcast live on CBS Sports Network. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- Junior forward Yoeli Childs ranks among the top 15 in almost every major statistical category in the WCC. He is first in scoring, rebounding (fifth in offensive boards and first in defensive) and double-doubles, fifth in blocked shots, ninth in field goal percentage, ninth in minutes played and tied for 15th in assists.
- TJ Haws has been playing his best offensive basketball over the last four games, averaging 21.8 points and 5.5 assists while shooting 60.9% from the field, 54.2% from 3-point range and 85.7% from the FT line.
- BYU and San Diego State are playing for the first time since 2014 when they faced off in the Maui Invitational. From 1979 to 2011, the Cougars and Aztecs were conference foes in the WAC and Mountain West. BYU has won three straight at Viejas Arena in San Diego.
BYU Cougars (8-5, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 337-127 (14th)
- Record at BYU: Same
San Diego State Aztecs (6-4, 0-0 Mountain West)
- Brian Dutcher
- Alma Mater: Minnesota, 1982
- Career Record: 28-15 (2nd)
- Record at San Diego State: Same
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- TV Talent: Carter Blackburn (play-by-play), Pete Gillen (analyst)
- Live Video: CBSsports.com
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, FM 100.3
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: BYU leads 48-24
- Last Meeting: SDSU won 92-87, 11/24/14
- H/A/N: 29-3/18-17/1-4