Coming off a pair of home WCC wins, BYU men's basketball will travel to Malibu, California, to play at Pepperdine Thursday at 8 p.m. PST in Firestone Fieldhouse.
Thursday's game will be televised live on ESPN2. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- Yoeli Childs was named the West Coast Conference Player of the Week after averaging 27.5 points and 9.0 rebounds in wins against Portland and Santa Clara. The junior forward also hit 5 of 9 from 3-point range and hit 60.0 percent from the field and 82.4 percent from the free-throw line.
- BYU is 9-5 against Pepperdine since the Cougars joined the WCC. Last season, the Cougars defeated the Waves 83-63 at home and 75-70 in Malibu.
- Luke Worthington had one of his best games as a Cougar in BYU’s win over Santa Clara as he hit 5 of 6 from the field and 3 of 4 from the free-throw line for a season-high 13 points to go with five rebounds, one assist and two steals.
BYU Cougars (11-8, 3-1 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 340-130 (14th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Pepperdine Waves (9-9, 2-2 WCC)
- Head Coach: Lorenzo Romar
- Alma Mater: Cincinnati, 1992
- Career Record: 400-293 (22nd)
- Record at Pepperdine: 51-51 (4th)
- TV: ESPN2
- TV Talent: Eric Rothman (play-by-play), Adrian Branch (analyst)
- Live Video: WatchESPN.com
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, FM 100.3
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Terry Nashif (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: BYU leads 13-9
- Last Meeting: BYU won 75-70 (OT), 02/15/18
- H/A/N: 9-2/4-5/0-2