BYU Cougars (2-1)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose (Houston, 1983)
- Career Record: 161-46 (7th season)
- Record at BYU: Same
— vs. —
- Head Coach: Byron Rimm II (California State, Los Angeles, 1999)
- Career Record: 61-98 (6th season)
- Record at Prairie View A&M: Same
- The 2011-12 season marks BYU’s first as a member of the West Coast Conference and a new television partnership with BYUtv and ESPN that will give fans unprecedented access to BYU basketball. ESPN2 and ESPNU will broadcast a total of eight BYU games and BYUtv is currently scheduled to televise 18 games.
- Against Longwood, Charles Abouo had one of the best performances of his career, posting 19 points on 6 of 9 shooting to go with a career-high 16 rebounds. It marked the second double-double of his career. Abouo also added four assists and two blocks.
- Noah Hartsock and Brandon Davies both approached double-doubles and filled the stat sheet against BYU-Hawaii. Hartsock posted 14 points, nine boards, five assists, two blocks and two steals. Davies scored a career-high 25 points to go with nine boards, three assists, two blocks and one steal. Combined they shot 14 of 20 from the field.
- Dave Rose is one of the most successful coaches in the history of BYU basketball. He is second in program history in wins (161), first in winning percentage (.778) and has led the Cougars to five-straight NCAA Tournament berths and four conference titles. He also earned three Mountain West Conference Coach of the Year awards.
- BYU — along with Butler, Kansas and Pittsburgh — is one of only four NCAA Division I programs that has won at least 25 games in each of the last five seasons. Only eight teams have achieved the mark in each of the last four seasons, including BYU and WCC foes Gonzaga and Saint Mary’s.
BYU heads to Chicago to face Nevada in the Chicago Invitational Challenge on Friday, Nov. 25, at 5 p.m. CST. The game will be played at the Sears Center Arena in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. Listen live on the radio beginning with the pregame show at 4 p.m. CST on KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM and 1160 AM or via the Internet at KSL.com. The game will be televised live on BYUtv and BYUtv.org.
By The Numbers
|6||The number of 20-win seasons for BYU head coach Dave Rose. He is the second coach in BYU history to begin his career with six-straight 20-win seasons. Rose is tied with Reid and Stan Watts for the most 20-win seasons in BYU history. Rose also has five 25-win seasons, a program record.|
|13||The number of points BYU scored to open the game against BYU-Hawaii before the Seasiders scored. After BYU-Hawaii’s first basketball, the Cougars followed with a 10-0 run.|
|15||The number of 3-pointers BYU made against Longwood (15 of 26, 57.7 percent). The 15 threes ties the BYU single-game record, set previously against UNLV in 2007 and at Air Force in 2011.|
|17||The number of points BYU allowed in the first half against BYU-Hawaii, the fewest since Mississippi Valley State scored 10 in the first half on Nov. 23, 2010.|
|51||The number of rebounds for BYU against BYU-Hawaii, the most by a Cougar squad since posting 57 vs. Mississippi Valley State on Nov. 23, 2010.|
|57||BYU’s point total in the second half vs. Longwood, its biggest second half since scoring 64 vs. Wyoming on March 5, 2011. The Cougars hit 21 of 33 (.636) from the field and 9 of 16 from three (.563) in the second half vs. the Lancers.|
|126||The number of career blocks for senior Noah Hartsock, fourth all-time in program history. Greg Kite is first with 208 blocks, Shawn Bradley is second with 177 and Russell Larson is third with 166.|
|161||BYU head coach Dave Rose’s win total. He is second all-time in career wins at BYU behind Stan Watts (371 victories from 1949-72), a member of the Basketball Hall of Fame.|
Connor Harding, Richard Harward and Trevin Knell were recognized for their success on and off the court when the West…
BYU men’s basketball senior guard Alex Barcello is returning for the 2021-22 season, he announced Friday night at BYU’s…
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced today that guard Te’Jon Lucas will join the team as a graduate…
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced today that Atiki Ally Atiki has signed a scholarship agreement to…