BYU basketball will take on Buffalo on Tuesday, Dec. 20, at 7 p.m MST in the Marriott Center.
BYU Cougars (8-3, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose (Houston, 1983)
- Career Record: 167-48 (7th season)
- Record at BYU: Same
— vs. —
Buffalo (6-2, 0-0 Mid American)
- Head Coach: Reggie Witherspoon (Empire State, 1995)
- Career Record: 170-199 (13th season)
- Record at Buffalo: Same
- Series: BYU leads 1-0
- Last Meeting: BYU won 90-82, 12/30/10
- Provo: 0-0
- Buffalo: 1-0
- Neutral: 0-0
- Tuesday, Dec. 20, 2011 • 7 p.m. MST
- Provo, Utah • Marriott Center (22,700)
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play) and Blaine Fowler (analyst)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: KSL 102.7 FM / 1160 AM
- BYU Radio - Sirius XM 143
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play) and Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Audio: KSL.com
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
BYU will host UC Santa Barbara on Thursday, Dec. 22, in the Marriott Center at 7 p.m. MST. Listen live on the radio beginning with the pregame show at 11 a.m. MST on KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM and 1160 AM or via the Internet at KSL.com. The game will be televised live on BYUtv and BYUtv.org.
- Senior Noah Hartsock has been BYU’s most consistent contributor this season, averaging 17.1 points, 6.7 rebounds, 1.9 assists and 2.5 blocks per game. He is shooting .558 from the field, .400 from three and .844 from the free throw line, has scored in double figures in every game this season and has posted two double-doubles.
- Freshman guard Matt Carlino made his collegiate debut in BYU’s 86-83 loss to No. 6 Baylor. He tied for team-high honors with 18 points, hit four threes and added two assists, one block and one steal.
- Against Baylor Brandon Davies have one of his best games of the season, posting a double-double with 18 points, 13 rebounds — including five on the offensive glass — and one assist, one block and one steal. The front court of Davies, Noah Hartsock and Charles Abouo combined to score 50 points, grab 27 rebounds and post three blocks and four steals.
- As of 12/13/11, BYU leads the West Coast Conference in four categories (scoring offense, FG %, 3-Pt FG %, blocks), is second in the league in seven (scoring margin, FG % defense, rebounding offense, assists, turnover margin, assist/turnover ratio, defensive rebounds) and third in three (scoring defense, 3-Pt FG made, rebounding margin). BYU is top three in 14 of 21 categories.
- Dave Rose is one of the most successful coaches in the history of BYU basketball. He is second in program history in wins (167), first in winning percentage (.777) and has led the Cougars to five-straight NCAA Tournament berths and four conference titles. He also earned three Mountain West Conference Coach of the Year awards.
Connor Harding, Richard Harward and Trevin Knell were recognized for their success on and off the court when the West…
BYU men’s basketball senior guard Alex Barcello is returning for the 2021-22 season, he announced Friday night at BYU’s…
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced today that guard Te’Jon Lucas will join the team as a graduate…
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced today that Atiki Ally Atiki has signed a scholarship agreement to…