No. 2 BYU men’s cross country to race at Weber State Invitational
PROVO, Utah – No. 2 BYU men’s cross country is set to compete at the Weber State Invitational on Friday, Nov. 6, at the Round Valley Golf Course in Morgan, Utah.
- Race Schedule: Men’s 8K race at 3:45 p.m. MST
- Teams Racing: BYU, Montana State and Weber State
- Location: Round Valley Golf Course | 1875 Round Valley Road | Morgan, UT, 84050
- Live Results: Antelope Racing
- Final Results (when available)
- Spectators are allowed to attend but must follow specific health protocols
- A livestream of the event will be on the BYU cross country Instagram account
- Team updates will be posted on the BYU cross country Twitter account
- Click here for more meet information
“We’re excited, this will be our concluding meet to the shortened fall portion of our cross country season,” BYU head coach Ed Eyestone said. “Montana State and Weber State are very good this year so it will be a nice finale and then we’ll get back to work to get ready for the winter cross country season when the NCAA Championships will actually take place.”
All-American Casey Clinger will be amongst the BYU athletes competing on Friday. After a third-place finish at the OSU Invitational in October, FloTrack ranked Clinger as the fourth-best cross country runner in the NCAA this year.
The Cougars will also race Ethan Cannon, Zack Ericksen, Brandon Garnica, Zachry Jacklin, Kramer Morton, Stetson Moss, Matt Owens, Aidan Troutner, Connor Weaver and Adam Wood. Both Cannon and Moss will make their season debuts while the rest of the squad all competed at the OSU Invitational.
The BYU men’s cross country team was voted the No. 2 team in the nation in the first USTFCCCA Coaches’ Poll of the year following a strong third-place finish at the OSU Invitational without All-American Clayson Shumway. The Cougars remained at the No. 2 spot when this week’s poll was released on Tuesday.
SAN MATEO, Calif. – BYU men’s cross country continues to rack up awards for the 2022 season as six Cougars were named…