Kenny Cox | Posted: 20 Dec 2021 | Updated: 6 Jan 2022
BYU finishes non-conference season at Montana State
PROVO, Utah – The No. 19 BYU women's basketball team will close out its non-conference schedule at Montana State on Tuesday night in Bozeman, Montana. The game will be broadcast on ESPN+.
- LAST GAME: BYU bounced back with a 71-53 win over Washington State in the Marriott Center. Paisley Harding had 20 points and Tegan Graham added 15.
- The Cougars moved up one spot in the AP Top 25 to No. 19. BYU is ranked for the fourth consecutive week for the first time since 2007.
- BYU is closing out its non-conference season with Montana State. A win would give the Cougars a 10-1 mark entering West Coast Conference play where they were picked to win the league.
- ESPN Women’s Basketball Bracketology has the Cougars projected as a No. 5 seed in the NCAA Tournament 68-team bracket.
About Montana State (7-5)
- The Bobcats are coming off a 76-49 win over Seattle. Montana State is off to a 7-5 start, finishing its non-conference schedule with BYU before beginning Big Sky play.
- Montana State is led by head coach Tricia Binford, in her 17th year. She has an overall head coaching record of 277-214.
- Junior guard Darian White leads the Bobcats in scoring with 15.4 points per game while junior forward Kola Bad Bear adds 9.4 points and 5.7 rebounds.