BYU to face Weber State for second time
PROVO, Utah – BYU women’s tennis (8-5) welcomes back Weber State (2-5) to the Indoor Tennis Courts for the second time this season in match three of a six-match homestand.
BYU Notes (8-5, 0-0 West Coast Conference)
- BYU is 8-5. After losing five of their last seven matches, the Cougars are looking for their first win streak since early February. BYU defeated Grand Canyon, 6-1, over the weekend and has now won two of its last three matches.
- BYU has wins over Grand Canyon, Seattle, Boise State, Sacramento State, Fresno State, Dixie State (twice), Weber State. The Cougars have losses to Utah, Oregon, Denver, Colorado, Cal Poly.
- The Cougars are winning 68% of their matches. Sophomores Emilee Astle (9-3), Helen Jiao (8-3) and Xenia de Luna (6-1) are a combined 23-7 in singles play and make up for 45% of BYU’s singles match victories. Freshman Elizabeth Tullis has also burst onto the scene and boasts a 3-0 singles record and 7-1 record in doubles play.
Head Coach – Holly Parkinson Hasler
- Alma Mater: BYU, 1998
- Division I Career Record: 27-19 (3rd season)
- Record at BYU: Same
BYU Doubles Records
- Anastasia Abramyan & Madeline Almeida Wanlass (0-1)
- Leah Heimuli & Kara Lin (5-1)
- Emilee Astle & Helen Jiao (4-1)
- Madeline Almeida Wanlass & Elizabeth Tullis (2-0)
- Anastasia Abramyan & Elizabeth Tullis (2-0)
- Anastasia Abramyan & Qianxin Kong (0-1)
- Anastasia Abramyan & Helen Jiao (4-3)
- Leah Heimuli & Emilee Astle (3-3)
- Qianxin Kong & Kara Lin (2-1)
- Kara Lin & Elizabeth Tullis (3-1)
BYU Singles Records
- Anastasia Abramyan (5-4)
- Leah Heimuli (7-5)
- Kara Lin (5-7)
- Emilee Astle (9-3)
- Helen Jiao (8-3)
- Madeline Almeida Wanlass (5-0)
- Xenia De Luna (6-1)
- Elizabeth Tullis (3-0)
- Qianxin Kong (3-1)
Weber State Notes (2-5, 0-0 Big Sky)
- Weber State is 8-4 and is coming off back-to-back 7-0 losses to Wyoming.
- Weber State has wins over UTEP and NMSU. The Wildcats’ losses have come against Wyoming (twice), UNLV, Utah, BYU.
- After playing only two matches in two weeks, the Wildcats play five matches in a span of eight days. The stretch features road matches against Wyoming (twice), Boise State, BYU and Utah State.
- BYU and Weber State met up in the season opener. A 7-5 win in No. 1 doubles by Ukita and Morett gave the Wildcats the doubles point, but the Cougars won all six singles matches to give BYU a 6-1 victory. BYU has dominated the series as of late, winning the last five meetings.
Head Coach – Ruthann Allen
- Alma Mater: Utah, 1992
- Division I Career Record: 10-8 (2nd Season)
- Record at Weber State: Same
Match Information — Friday, March 12
The following notes and quotes are from BYU men’s basketball's 75-60 loss Wednesday evening against Utah Valley at the…
The BYU men's basketball team lost to Utah Valley 75-60 at the Marriott Center on Wednesday night.