Track and Field set to host first home meet of indoor season
PROVO, Utah – BYU women's and men's indoor track and field launches its home indoor season with the BYU December Invite on Thursday and Friday, Dec. 8-9 at the Smith Fieldhouse.
Last time out…
The Cougars kicked off the indoor season this past weekend at the Sharon Colyear-Danville Season-Opener at Boston University, with only distance runners competing. Notching a new school record in the 5000-meter, Casey Clinger headlined the historic meet as eight runners set new top-10 marks. View the full meet recap here.
- Visiting Teams
- Utah Valley, Weber State, Utah, Westminster, Northwest Nazarene
- Thursday, Dec. 8
- Events begin at 11:20 a.m. MST
- Women’s pentathlon, men’s heptathlon, long jump, pole vault, triple jump, shot put, weight throw
- Friday, Dec. 9
- Events begin at 11:00 a.m. MST
- Men’s heptathlon, 60m hurdles, high jump, mile, pole vault, 800m, 300m, high jump, 3000m
- This is a non-ticketed event, spectators are allowed. There will be spectator seating in the west annex of the Smith Fieldhouse.
- Full meet schedule
Thursday and Friday’s meet will be the first of three indoor competitions the Cougars will host during the 2023 season. The next home meet will be on January 12-14.
As only distance runners participated in last week’s events, this week will mark the 2023 season debut of several athletes.
Jenna Hutchins and Alena Ellsworth clocked top-10 times as No. 22 BYU women’s track and field was represented by eight…