PROVO, Utah – No. 12 BYU women’s volleyball hits the road again this week for matches at Pepperdine and Loyola Marymount.
Last Time Out
The Cougars (17-2, 7-1 West Coast Conference) swept both Gonzaga and Portland at home to extend their home-win streak to 17-straight matches.
- BYU faces Pepperdine (13-8, 4-4 WCC) for the first time of the season Thursday, Oct. 22, at 7 p.m. PDT.
- The Cougars lead the overall series with an 18-8 overall record and have won the last six-straight meetings – including a sweep on the road last season.
- The Waves fell at home to Santa Clara last week before beating San Francisco in four sets. Pepperdine is 5-5 in its last 10 matches and 3-2 in its last five.
- The Waves are led by first-year head coach Scott Wong – a Pepperdine alumnus.
- BYU then heads to Los Angeles to compete against Loyola Marymount (14-6, 5-3 WCC) for the second time of the season Saturday, Oct. 24, at 12 p.m. PDT.
- The Cougars hold a perfect 11-0 record against the Lions and won in four sets at home earlier this year.
- Loyola Marymount has won its last five consecutive matches and is 7-3 in its last 10.
- The Lions competed in the 2014 NCAA Tournament, falling in the first round to Michigan State.
Both of this week’s matches will be streamed live on TheW.tv. Links to live stats and the video feeds can be found on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.