PROVO, Utah – No. 11 BYU women’s volleyball hits the road again this week for matches at Portland and Gonzaga.
Last Time Out
The Cougars (16-2, 5-1 West Coast Conference) swept both Saint Mary’s and Pacific at home to remain in sole possession of second place in league play.
- BYU faces off against Portland (10-8, 3-3 WCC) Thursday, Oct. 13, at 7 p.m. PDT at the Chiles Center.
- The Cougars lead the overall series history with a perfect 10-0 record. BYU won in three sets at home last year and in four on the road.
- The Pilots sit tied for fifth place with Loyola Marymount in the current conference standings.
- Portland fell in three to the Lions last week on the road before beating Pepperdine in five in Malibu. The Pilots are 3-2 in their last five matches.
- BYU will finish out the week playing Gonzaga (11-5, 4-2 WCC) Saturday, Oct. 15, at noon PDT at the McCarthey Athletic Center.
- The Cougars hold a 13-1 advantage in the overall series history against the Zags. BYU won both matches last year, first in three at home and then in five on the road.
- The Bulldogs are currently alone in third place in the league standings.
- After losing their first two matches in conference play against Saint Mary’s and Pacific, Gonzaga has won its last four.
Additional Match Info
Both matches this week will be streamed live on TheW.tv. Links to live stats and the video feed can be found on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.