No. 12 BYU Continues WCC Play Against Loyola Marymount
PROVO, Utah – No. 12 BYU women’s volleyball will host Loyola Marymount in a two-match series at the Smith Fieldhouse Feb. 16-17.
The match on Tuesday, Feb. 16, is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. MST and will be broadcast on BYUtv and the BYUtv App. The second match on Wednesday, Feb. 17, will be at 7 p.m. and streamed on BYUtv.org and the BYUtv App.
No. 12 BYU Cougars (5-0, 4-0 WCC)
- BYU remained at No. 12 in this week’s AVCA national poll
- The Cougars defeated Gonzaga in back-to-back matches last week to moved to 5-0 on the season and 4-0 in league play
- On Monday, true freshman libero Madi Allen was named WCC Defensive Player of the Week, the second time in three weeks she has received the award. Allen averaged 5.00 digs per set (55 total) in BYU’s last three wins while helping the Cougars hold opponents to a combined .180 hitting percentage.
- BYU ranks No. 4 in the NCAA Division I with an average of 14.12 assists per set
- The Cougars are currently hitting an average of .309 to rank 11th in the NCAA and are 12th in kills per set with 14.65.
- Sophomore setter Whitney Bower currently ranks 25th in the nation with an average of 11.18 assists per set
- Senior outside hitter Taylen Ballard-Nixon is 34th in points per set (4.97) and 49th in kills per set (4.18)
- BYU is 18-2 all-time against Loyola Marymount, including 10-0 in Provo
- The Cougars won both matchups last season, including a five-set match at the Smith Fieldhouse
Loyola Marymount Lions (3-3, 3-3 WCC)
- LMU swept its two-match series against Portland last week to improve to .500 on the season
- The Lions are led by All-WCC preseason honorees outside hitter Rose Booth and middle blocker Emmelyn Walters
- LMU is second in the WCC with an average of 1.65 aces per set
- Outside hitter Kari Geissberger ranks sixth in the conference in kills per set with 3.77 and eighth in the league with an average of 4.13 points per set
Broadcast Information – Feb. 16
Broadcast Information – Feb. 17
BYU women’s volleyball will permit a limited number of spectators to attend both of the team’s matches this week…
Senior outside hitter Taylen Ballard-Nixon totaled a career-high 23 kills to help No. 15 BYU defeat San Francisco in…
No. 15 BYU women’s volleyball defeated San Francisco in straight sets (25-23, 25-20, 25-21) at the War Memorial Gym in…
No. 15 BYU women’s volleyball will face San Francisco March 5-6 at the War Memorial Gym in San Francisco.