BYU basketball will host rival Utah in the Deseret First Duel Saturday in the Marriott Center at 9 p.m. MST. Saturday's game will be televised live on ESPN2 and broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143 and KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
Sophomore guard TJ Haws had his best week of the season, leading BYU to wins over Illinois State (80-68) and Weber State (74-68) while averaging 22.0 points, 2.5 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 2.0 steals. He shot 53.6 percent from the field, 53.3 percent from 3 and 100.0 percent from the free-throw line.
BYU has shot 50.0 percent or better from the field in three of its last four games, including 53.6 percent at Utah Valley, 53.4 percent vs. Illinois State and 53.2 percent vs. Weber State.
BYU and Utah are meeting for the 258th time in the history of the series.
BYU Cougars (8-2, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 313-113 (13th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Utah Utes (7-2, 0-0 Pac-12)
- Head Coach: Larry Krystkowiak
- Alma Mater: Montana, 1996
- Career Record: 164-107 (9th)
- Record at Utah: 122-87 (7th)
- TV: ESPN2
- TV Talent: Roxy Bernstein (play-by-play), Bill Walton (analyst)
- Live Video: WatchESPN.com
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
Series Record: BYU leads 129-128
Last Meeting: Utah won 83-75, 12/2/15