BYU men's tennis welcomes Redd Owen and Alex Lin to team
PROVO, Utah – BYU men’s tennis head coach Brad Pearce announced the signing of two 5-star recruits, Redd Owen and Alex Lin.
“Redd and Alex’s records and achievements on the court speak for themselves as 5-star recruits, but they bring far more to our program than their athletic credentials,” Pearce said. “Both of them are outstanding students, leaders, and two of the most gracious young men I’ve ever had the privilege of getting to know. They will be difference-makers for our program. We welcome them and their incredible families to the BYU men’s tennis family and Cougar Nation.”
Owen is a native of Sandy, Utah and attends Brighton High School. He has a Universal Tennis Rating (UTR) of 12.17 and is ranked No. 1 in Utah and No. 37 in the nation.
- 5-Star recruit
- Three-time 5A state champion at No. 1 singles (freshman, sophomore, junior years)
- Ranked No. 1 in the Intermountain Section in Boys 12s, 14s and 16s
- Reached round of 16 and finals at three National Championship Level One tournaments
- Participated in the invite-only Pacific Cup
- Participant in the Jr. Davis Cup
- Was undefeated at the No. 1 slot on National Team Tennis
- National Sportsmanship recipient
Lin is from Gold River, California and attends the California Connections Academy. He has a national ranking high of No. 45 in 2019 and career-high UTR of 12.21.
- 5-Star recruit
- Finalist of 18s National Level 2 tournament in October 2018
- Champion of 16s Spring Excellence
- Champion of 18s Spring Excellence
Owen intends on serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints after graduating from Brighton High School and will join the team for the 2022-23 season, while Lin will join the Cougars next year for their 2020-21 campaign.
The BYU men's tennis match against Montana scheduled for Friday, March 5, at 2 p.m. MST in the BYU Indoor Tennis Courts…
BYU men's tennis will be back at home this week for two weekend matches. The Cougars will host Montana on Friday, Mar.…
After nearly two weeks off, BYU men's tennis suffered a tough 4-3 loss to in-state rival Utah State at the Sports…
BYU men's tennis will make the trip up to Logan this weekend to face Utah State at the Sports Academy & Racquet…