No. 10 Cougars compete in three matches this week
PROVO, Utah – No. 10 BYU women’s volleyball will travel to Pepperdine before finishing off the week with a pair of matches at home against San Francisco and Santa Clara.
The Cougars (11-2, 2-0 WCC) began West Coast Conference play last week with sweeps at home against Gonzaga and Portland.
- BYU first travels to face off against Pepperdine (6-8, 1-1 WCC) Tuesday at 6 p.m. PDT.
- The Cougars lead the overall series 16-8. BYU has won the last four meetings in conference play.
- The Waves return four starters and their libero to last year’s squad that went 15-11, 9-9 T-4.
- Pepperdine has a new coach this year in Troy Tanner, who graduated from Pepperdine in 1992.
- BYU next returns home Thursday at 7 p.m. MDT to compete against San Francisco (8-5, 1-0 WCC).
- The Cougars are a perfect 8-0 against the Dons, including two sweeps a year ago in conference play.
- San Francisco returns four starters to this year’s team. Last year the Dons went 13-15 and tied Pepperdine for fourth place in WCC action with a 9-9 record.
- Thursday’s match will be the Breast Cancer Awareness match. Fans are encouraged to wear pink at the Smith Fieldhouse.
- BYU will finish out the week Saturday at 8 p.m. MDT against Santa Clara (10-4, 0-1 WCC).
- The Cougars are 5-2 all-time against the Broncos. The two teams split the series last year with each team winning on its home court.
- Santa Clara returns three starters and its libero from the 2013 squad that finished 11-16, 6-12.
Tuesday’s match against Pepperdine will be broadcast live on ESPNU. Both Thursday and Saturday’s matches will be broadcast live on BYUtv and BYU Radio. Links to live stats for all three matches can be found on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.
No. 11 BYU women’s volleyball defeated Pacific in straight sets on Thursday night in the Smith Fieldhouse, notching its…
BYU opposite hitter Kenzie Koerber collected this week's West Coast Conference Offensive Player of the Week award, the…
No. 11 BYU women's volleyball will host West Coast Conference foes Pacific and Saint Mary’s, this week with matchups on…
No. 15 BYU women’s volleyball swept Utah Valley University on Saturday in the Lockhart Area (25-16, 25-18, 25-20),…