- Athletic trainer over men's volleyball, Cougarettes, and the cheer squad
- Teaches athletic training classes (Excercise Science 320)
- Entering 16th season as the athletic trainer for men's volleyball
- Athletic trainer over men's and women's tennis, men's and women's swim & dive, and Cosmo'
- Directed physical therapy over all intercollegiat sports at BYU for over 10 years
- Assisted with football for over 10 years
- Assistant academic program director
Years at BYU
- Bachelor of Science from Brigham Young University
- Masters of Science in physical therapy from Columbia University
Prior to BYU
- Head Athletic Trainer at Lehi High School
- Physicial therapist at Suburban Physical Therapy Center in New Jersey
- Wife Cindy and one son, Jakob
- Currently resides in American Fork, Utah
- Hometown: Las Vegas
- Served an LDS Mission in Denmark
Blain Empey enters his 16th season as the athletic trainer for the BYU men's volleyball teams. Empey has been at BYU since 1994. He is also the athletic trainer over the men's volleyball team and the cheer squad. He teaches athletic training and has done a variety of clinical work.
Empey graduated from BYU in 1991 with a Bachelor of Science in athletic training and a went on to earn a Master of Science in physical therapy from Columbia University.