Ah You directs the program’s recruiting efforts and manage player personnel duties as the executive coordinator of recruiting and player personnel. He directs the strategic planning and execution of BYU’s recruiting activities, messages, materials and official and unofficial visits. His responsibilities include the identification and recruitment of prospective student-athletes, organization and management of the recruiting process, coordination of recruiting communications and strategies, and implementation of special events associated with recruiting such as Junior Day and the High School Coaches Clinic. Among his other duties, Ah You is a resource and mentor to the student-athletes in the program, works with the coaching staff to manage the team’s roster, and serves as the team’s NFL/Pro liaison.
- Established and Implemented current BYU Football Academic Expectation Program with the players and coaches and the Faculty Appreciation Program “Guest Coach for a Day” to honor faculty members each week during the season
- Created and coordinated the BYU Football Trunk-or-Treat activity in 2016 to build relationships with the community. In 2017, student athletes from all BYU sports were invited to join in and participate.
- Developed and Coordinated Youth Pro Day event, Team Big Man’s Camp and Team 7on7 Camp
- Coordinated successful BYU NFL Pro-Day events each spring
- Led efforts to create and coordinate current BYU Football Nutrition center and BYU Football Academic Study Lounge
- Reinitiated the BYU Polynesian Club after a 4-year hiatus to provide student-athletes an opportunity to interact and mingle with other students on campus in an uplifting and proactive way
- Member of the Diversity and Inclusion committee on campus
- BYU (2004, B.S. Sociology)
- Etiwanda HS
- Directs recruiting efforts and manages player personnel duties for BYU football as the executive coordinator of recruiting and player personnel (2020 to present)
- Served as support services coordinator and the NFL/Pro Liaison for BYU football (2016 to present)
- Worked as defensive coordinator and coached defensive line, linebackers and offensive line while coaching at Westlake HS (2011-15)
- Employed as an estimator / project manager doing restoration work on buildings/homes damaged by water, fire, wind and smoke (2004-16)
- Worked with the defensive line as a defensive administrative assistant at University of Utah (2007-10)
- Worked with NFL players Paul Kruger, Derrick Shelby, Steven Paea, Sealver Siliga and Koa Misi
- Coached the defensive line at Snow College (2004-07)
- Served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Guatemala City South and Texas San Antonio missions (1992-93)
- Rancho Cucamonga, California
- Wife is Joann Kalauli and they have a son, Chaz, and a daughter, Zion
- Son, Chaz, plays defensive back and linebacker for BYU and served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the California Rancho Cucamonga Mission.
- Daughter, Zion, is graduating from Westlake High School in 2018.
- In addition to his son Chaz, his father Charles played running back at BYU and his two brothers Matt and C.J. both played football for the Cougars. C.J. also played six years in the NFL. Cousins Kinglsey and Harland Ah You also played football for BYU.