BYU Cougarettes Pre-Audition Option
177 Richards Building, BYU
April 15 (5-8 p.m.) (during this session, the dancers will learn the content)
April 16 (9 a.m. - noon) (audition all combos, turns, solos).
In order to participate, the dancers must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Must be admitted to BYU.
- Dancers with extenuating circumstances that prevent their participation in the regular auditions must reach out via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 13, to be registered for the pre-audition. They must provide a detailed description of the extenuating circumstances.
- Applications for this audition are due by end of day on Wednesday, April 13.
- Dancers will learn the same content that will be taught in the regular audition. In addition, they must prepare to present a turn combo of their choosing and a one-minute solo. Each dancer is responsible to bring her solo music to the audition.
- Please refer to the BYU Cougarettes Audition Process page for more in-depth details.
- Dancers must also sign a contract not to share the content of the audition with any other dancer. Violation of this contract will result in the dancer who disclosed the content and the dancer who received the content not being considered for membership in the Cougarettes. We would consider this to be a violation of the BYU Honor Code.
- The audition will be recorded so the judges will be able review and score their audition the following week along with the dancers participating in the live auditions on April 22 and 23. The recordings will not be shared or released to any dancers and will be erased once the final team is announced.
- This is being offered as an accommodation to dancers with legitimate extenuating circumstances. This is an opportunity, however, it is EXTREMELY advantageous for auditioners to participate in the audition on April 22 and 23.
- If a dancer uses this option, that dancer CANNOT re-audition the following week.
- Opportunity to audition and be considered for 2022-23 team
- Being adjudicated from a recording and not live
- Not being compared live to other dancers
- No call backs
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions.