BYU basketball will take on Cal State San Marcos on Tuesday, Dec. 27, at 7 p.m. MST in the Marriott Center.
BYU Cougars (10-3, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose (Houston, 1983)
- Career Record: 169-48 (7th season)
- Record at BYU: Same
Cal State San Marcos (6-7)
- Head Coach: Jim Saia (San Jose State, 1975)
- Career Record: 86-51 (5th season)
- Record at CSSM: 6-7 (1st season)
- First regular season meeting
- Tuesday, Dec. 27, 2011 • 7 p.m. MST
- Provo, Utah • Marriott Center (22,700)
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play) and Steve Cleveland (analyst)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: KSL 102.7 FM / 1160 AM
- BYU Radio - Sirius XM 143
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play) and Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Audio: KSL.com
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
BYU will open WCC play at Saint Mary’s in Moraga, Calif., on Thursday, Dec. 29, at 8 p.m. PST. Listen live on the radio beginning with the pregame show at 7 p.m. PST on KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM and 1160 AM or via the Internet at KSL.com. The game will be televised live on ESPN2.
- Senior Noah Hartsock has been BYU’s most consistent contributor this season, averaging 17.3 points, 6.2 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 2.2 blocks per game. He is shooting .577 from the field, .375 from three and .839 from the free throw line, has scored in double figures in every game this season and has posted two double-doubles.
- Brock Zylstra scored a career-high 26 points vs. Buffalo, hitting 9 of 16 from the field and 4 of 10 from three. Anson Winder also registered a career high 20 points, hitting his first five 3-pointers and finishing 6 of 7 from downtown and 7 of 8 overall.
- Freshman Matt Carlino has scored in double figures in his first three collegiate games. He had an 18-point debut against Baylor, a double-double against Buffalo with 10 points, 11 assists, seven rebounds and three steals and 22 points, six assists and two steals vs. UC Santa Barbara.
- BYU’s starters scored 85 of the team’s 89 points agianst UC Santa Barbara. Matt Carlino led with 22 points, Noah Hartsock had 21 and they were followed by Brandon Davies (17), Charles Abouo (16) and Brock Zylstra (9).
- Against Baylor Brandon Davies have one of his best games of the season, posting a double-double with 18 points, 13 rebounds — including five on the offensive glass — and one assist, one block and one steal.
- Dave Rose is one of the most successful coaches in the history of BYU basketball. He is second in program history in wins (169), first in winning percentage (.779) and has led the Cougars to five-straight NCAA Tournament berths and four conference titles. He also earned three Mountain West Conference Coach of the Year awards.
Connor Harding, Richard Harward and Trevin Knell were recognized for their success on and off the court when the West…
BYU men’s basketball senior guard Alex Barcello is returning for the 2021-22 season, he announced Friday night at BYU’s…
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced today that guard Te’Jon Lucas will join the team as a graduate…
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced today that Atiki Ally Atiki has signed a scholarship agreement to…