Athletes and Donors Recognized on Cougar Racqueteer Day
PROVO, Utah – The BYU men’s tennis team held its annual Cougar Racqueteer Day, Saturday, featuring a round-robin event and recognition of student-athletes and Cougar Racqueteer members.
“I am grateful for all those who continue to give their support to the men’s tennis program,” said BYU men’s tennis coach Brad Pearce. “I recognize that support comes in different forms, both financially and by coming to cheer on our guys at home and away matches. I am so grateful and appreciative of both forms of support, as they go hand-in-hand, in our continuing efforts to advance the men’s tennis program to even greater heights.”
This year’s Cougar Racqueteer Day Champions were Colin McMullin, who teamed up with sophomore Spencer Smith.
While the duo will receive their trophies at next year’s Cougar Racqueteer Day, their names will be permanently placed on two trophies located in the new trophy case on the northwest end for the BYU Indoor Tennis Courts.
Following the round-robin event, guests were invited to a catered lunch where Pearce reviewed the success of the past two seasons. BYU has gone undefeated in conference play the last two years while accumulating a 21-0 record in NCAA Mountain Region play over the those seasons.
Pearce also announced Smith and senior Michael Eraso as team captains for this upcoming season.
This year’s endowed and annual scholarship recipients were also recognized.
- The Doug & Joy Heiner Endowed Scholarship was awarded to: Francis Sargeant
- The Harold & Elaine Turley Endowed Scholarship was awarded to: Keaton Cullimore
- The Brand Family Endowed Scholarship was awarded to: Georgy Batrakov
- The Henry Andrew Marsh Endowed Scholarship was awarded to: Michael Eraso
- The Buddy Stoddard Annual Scholarship was awarded to: Patrick Kawka
- The Ron Robison Annual Scholarship was awarded to: Spencer Smith
- The Jim & Lynda Sheffield Annual Scholarship was awarded to: David Doehring