PROVO, Utah – No. 4 BYU men’s volleyball hits the road this week for a pair of conference matches against Stanford.
- The Cougars (13-3, 10-2 Mountain Pacific Sports Federation) face off against the Cardinal (6-11, 3-8 MPSF) Friday and Saturday night at 7 p.m. PST at Maples Pavilion.
- The two teams met a total of four times in the 2014 season. BYU won the first two regular-season matchups before facing off for a third time in the MPSF tournament title match. The Cougars won those three meetings before falling 3-2 in a fourth matchup in the NCAA tournament.
- BYU leads the overall series 30-18, including a 14-9 record at Stanford.
- The Cardinal were picked to finish ninth in the preseason coaches’ poll after finishing 24-9 with a No. 2 final ranking last year.
- Stanford is led by 2.70 kills per set from Madison Hayden, a 6.89 assist average from James Shaw, Clay Jones’ 1.55 digs per set and Kevin Rakestraw’s 1.05 blocks per set.
The Cougars picked up a pair of nonconference sweeps last week against No. 13 Ball State. The home wins extend BYU’s home-win streak to 36 matches.
Both Friday and Saturday’s matches will be streamed live on pac-12.com Links to live stats will be made available on the BYU men’s volleyball schedule page.
The No. 2 BYU Cougars drop final regular season match against No. 6 UCLA 3-1
Brigham Young University will host the 2021 Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Volleyball Championship April 22-24 in…
The No. 2 BYU Cougars have secured the top seed in the upcoming MPSF Tournament after a 3-0 victory over No. 6 UCLA.
The No. 2 BYU Cougars will travel to Los Angeles for a pair of matches at UCLA April 9 and 10.