No. 11 Cougars hit the road against SCU and USF
PROVO, Utah – No. 11 BYU women’s volleyball hits the road again this week for follow-up trips against Santa Clara and San Francisco.
The Cougars (18-3, 9-1 West Coast Conference) remain in first place in the conference after defeating Loyola Marymount and Pepperdine at home last week.
- BYU first faces off against Santa Clara (16-7, 6-4 WCC) Thursday at 7 p.m. PDT at the Leavey Event Center.
- The Cougars won the first matchup of the season 3-0 earlier this year at home.
- BYU holds a 6-2 overall record against the Broncos with the two teams splitting the series on their home courts in each of the past two seasons.
- Santa Clara returns just three starters and its libero from its 2013 squad that ended the season 11-16, 6-12 (9th).
- The Cougars will finish out the week with a trip to San Francisco (11-11, 4-6 WCC) Saturday at 1 p.m. PDT.
- BYU won a four-set match against the Dons earlier this season at home. The match saw sophomore Whitney Young tie a BYU and WCC blocking record, collecting 17 on the night.
- San Francisco has never beaten the Cougars, as BYU holds a perfect 9-0 record against the Dons.
- The team returns four starters from last year’s squad that finished 13-15, 9-9 WCC (T-4th).
Both matches will be streamed live online, with Saturday’s match being streamed on TheW.tv. Links to live stats and video feeds can be found on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.
BYU opposite hitter Kenzie Koerber collected this week's West Coast Conference Offensive Player of the Week award, the…
No. 11 BYU women's volleyball will host West Coast Conference foes Pacific and Saint Mary’s, this week with matchups on…
No. 15 BYU women’s volleyball swept Utah Valley University on Saturday in the Lockhart Area (25-16, 25-18, 25-20),…
No. 15 BYU women’s volleyball swept No. 10 Utah, handing the Utes their first loss of the season and racking up another…