PROVO, Utah – No. 12 BYU women’s volleyball hits the road again this week, traveling to face Portland and Gonzaga.
Last Time Out
The Cougars (21-3, 11-2 West Coast Conference) swept both Saint Mary’s and Pacific to stay undefeated at home this season. Alexa Gray led the team each night with 20+ kills, including collecting a double-double on Saturday.
- BYU first faces off against Portland (14-11, 4-9 WCC) Thursday, Nov. 12, at 7 p.m. PST.
- The Cougars won the last matchup earlier this year with a sweep and hold a perfect 9-0 overall record in the series.
- The Pilots have won three of their last four matches and currently sit in eighth place in the conference standings.
- Portland is led by Emily Liger’s 3.70 kills per set, Djurdjina Milovic’s 10.32 assist average, 3.93 digs per set from Monica Gajda and Brittney Markwith’s 1.03 blocks per set.
- BYU next competes against Gonzaga (14-12, 5-8 WCC) Saturday, Nov. 14, at 12 p.m. PST.
- The Cougars lead the overall series 12-1 and picked up a sweep earlier this season.
- The Bulldogs fell on the road last week in five sets to both Pepperdine and Loyola Marymount, but hold the sixth place spot in the league standings.
- Gonzaga is led by 4.02 kills from Savannah Blinn, Faith Smith’s 5.80 assists per set, a 2.29 dig average from Tiyana Hallums and Kaylie Loewen’s 1.07 blocks per set.
Both matches will be streamed live on TheW.tv. Links to live stats and the video feeds can be found on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.