PROVO, Utah – The No. 16 BYU women's basketball team is on the road this week to face Oklahoma of the Big 12 conference on Friday, Dec. 10 at 6 p.m. CST. The game will be broadcast on Sooner Sports TV.
Sooner Sports TV is available to fans for $9.99 for a monthly subscription. More details on Sooner Sports TV.
- LAST GAME: BYU beat Utah 85-80 behind a career-high 33 points from Paisley Harding. Shaylee Gonzales added 20 points and the Cougars held off a late surge from the Utes.
- Facing Oklahoma in the Big 12 should be a preview of the Cougars' future in the league with the program set to join in 2023. The Sooners are expected to depart for the SEC in 2025.
- BYU earned its highest ranking in program history at No. 16 this week in the AP Top 25. It is the first time the Cougars have been ranked in back-to-back weeks since 2012.
- The Cougars are 8-0 to start the year for the first time since the 2013-14 season. BYU started 9-0 that year and finished 28-7 and made a run to the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament.
- Paisley Harding scored a career-best 33 on 14 of 20 shooting against Utah. Shaylee Gonzales has scored 20+ in four consecutive games for the first time in her career.
Oklahoma (8-1) Notes
- The Sooners are 8-1 and receiving votes in the AP Top 25 with wins over Minnesota and Mississippi State. Oklahoma’s only loss was a 98-93 defeat to No. 9 Oregon.
- Oklahoma is coming off a win over Eastern Michigan, 94-58, in Norman behind four Sooners that scored in double figures.
- With the win, head coach Jennie Baranczyk reached 200 wins in just her 10th season as a head coach.
- The Sooners are led by three top scorers, Taylor Robertson (19.6), Ana Llanusa (18.3) and Madi Williams (16.2).