PROVO, Utah – The No. 16 BYU women's basketball team hosts Santa Clara Thursday night and San Francisco on Saturday afternoon at the Marriott Center.
Tipoff Thursday night is scheduled for 7 p.m. MT and the game will be streamed on BYUtv.org and the BYUtv App. Saturday's contest will tipoff at 2 p.m. and be broadcast on BYUtv.
The women's basketball team is providing postgame pizza to the ROC for both games.
Consistent with current BYU requirements, all in attendance at the Marriott Center will need to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID test upon entry. Masks will also be required, regardless of vaccination status. COVID testing will be available at Marriott Center 90 minutes before tipoff and 30 minutes after tipoff. Find more details at byu.edu/coronavirus.
- LAST GAME: BYU swept the season series against San Diego over a three day span. The Cougars beat the Toreros 74-63 in San Diego on Saturday and then took care of business at the Marriott Center on Monday with a 70-48 win in the rescheduled game.
- The Cougars are up to No. 16 in the AP Top 25, tying the programs’ best mark set earlier this year. BYU is also 14th in the latest NCAA NET rankings and is projected as a 3-seed in the latest ESPN Bracketology for the NCAA Tournament.
- After falling to Oklahoma in overtime, BYU has won eight games in a row, matching its eight consecutive wins to start the year.
- BYU is ranked No. 10 in scoring margin at +18.8 points per game and ranks No. 14 in scoring offense at 77.9 points per game. The Cougars are No. 5 in assists per game (19.6) and No. 7 in assist to turnover ratio (1.38), No. 8 in field goal percentage (46.8) and No. 27 in field goal percentage defense (35.3).
Santa Clara (9-6, 3-2)
- The Broncos are 3-2 to start WCC play. Santa Clara came up short in overtime against Portland on Saturday.
San Francisco (9-10, 3-4)
- The Dons have won three in a row heading into their Thursday game at Saint Mary’s before visiting Provo on Saturday.