PARADISE ISLAND – Turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie and BYU men’s basketball is on deck for Thanksgiving as the Cougars are slated to take on Butler on Thursday, November 24, in the second round of the Bad Boy Mowers Battle 4 Atlantis in Paradise Island, Bahamas. Tip is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. MST/6:30 p.m. MST.
Thursday’s contest will be broadcast on ESPN3. Greg Wrubell and Mark Durrant will also be on the call on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio Sirius XM 143 and KSL 102.7/1160 AM.
BYU Notes (3-2, 0-0 WCC)
- Spencer Johnson scored a career-high 18 points and was one of four Cougars to score double figures as the Cougars suffered their second loss of the season on Thursday ina 76-82 setback to USC.
- The Cougars made a season-high 12 3-pointers against the Trojans.
- Jaxson Robinson also had a career night against the Trojans, finishing with 14 points while knocking down four 3-pointers.
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 148-84 (8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 71-28 (4th Season)
Butler Notes (3-2, 0-0 Big East)
- Butler dropped to 3-2 on the season following its 71-45 loss to No. 22 Tennessee in the final game of day one of the Battle 4 Atlantis.
- Jayden Taylor is the leading scorer for the Bulldogs as the sophomore is averaging 15.4 points per game. He has scored in double figures in all five games this season including back-to-back 18-point performances.
- Manny Bates fills the statsheet for Butler as the graduate student is averaging 11.6 points, 7.8 rebound and 3.2 blocks per contest.
Head Coach – Thad Matta
- Alma Mater: Butler, 1990
- Career Record: 442-156 (18th Season)
- Record at Butler: 27-10 (2nd season)
- Series Record: 0-1
- Last Meeting: Butler won 45-34, 12/19/1930
- H/A/N: 0-0/0-1/0-0
- TV: ESPN3
- TV Talent: Kevin Fitzgerald, Carolyn Peck
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, KSL 102.7/1160 AM, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell, Mark Durrant
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com