PROVO, Utah – BYU opens its three-game home stand on Saturday, January 28, when the Cougars host No. 22 Saint Mary’s at the Marriott Center for the final time as West Coast Conference foes. Tip is scheduled for 8 p.m. MST.
Saturday’s contest will be broadcast on ESPN2. Greg Wrubell and Mark Durrant will also be on the call on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio Sirius XM 143 and KSL 102.7/1160 AM.
BYU Notes (14-9, 4-4 WCC)
- BYU dropped its second straight game on Saturday with an 82-74 setback to San Francisco at War Memorial Gym.
- Rudi Williams scored a season-high 28 points against USF, marking the third time this season that the senior has scored 25-plus off the bench.
- The Cougars rank in the Top 30 in three different rebounding categories: defensive rebounds per game (20th), rebound margin (19th) and rebounds per game (29th).
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 159-91 (8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 82-35 (4th Season)
No. 22 Saint Mary’s Notes (18-4, 7-0 WCC)
- Saint Mary’s moved into the AP Top 25 for the first time this season after extending its win streak to nine games with a 77-58 victory over Santa Clara.
- Aidan Mahaney is one of the top freshmen in the nation as he is scoring a team-best 15.0 points per game, shooting 46.0 percent from the field, 43.2 percent from three and 73.5 percent from the free throw line.
- The Gaels own the fourth-best scoring defense in NCAA Division I men’s basketball holding opponents to 57.2 points per game.
Head Coach – Randy Bennett
- Alma Mater: UC San Diego, 1986
- Division I Career Record: 498-204 (22nd Season)
- Series Record: BYU lead 18-17
- Last Meeting: Saint Mary’s won, 69-64
- H/A/N: 13-5/3-10/2-2
- TV: ESPN2
- TV Talent: Dave Flemming, Sean Farnham
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, KSL 102.7/1160 AM, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell, Mark Durrant
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com