PROVO, Utah – After six combined event wins at Stanford last weekend, BYU women’s and men’s track and field heads to its second outdoor meet at the Aztec Invitational in San Diego, Calif. this Saturday.
- Host: San Diego State
- Location: SDSU Sports Deck
- Women’s events begin with the javelin throw at 9:00 a.m. PDT and conclude with the 200m at 4:00 p.m.
- Men’s events begin with the pole vault at 10:00 a.m. and conclude with the discus throw at 4:00 p.m.
- Live Results
- Tickets will be sold Friday and Saturday for $10.00 cash each day at the Ticket Office near the track entrance. Ages 12 and under are free.
- Parking is available in Parking Structure (PS) 7, located directly underneath the track.
- Additional Information
Last Time Out…
The women posted three event wins, led by defending national champion Ashton Riner-Lunt. The senior tossed her way to a first-place finish with a 52.89m/173-6 mark. Jessica Thompson won the shot put with a throw of 15.26m/50-0.75 as distance runner Lizzie Dildine also took first in her event, finishing atop the 3,000m steeplechase (10:40.00).
Thompson added to a productive day by taking second in the javelin throw at 47.10m/154-6, while the Cougars racked up additional runner-up finishes in the 200-meters and 100-meter hurdles (Adaobi Tabugbo), the 800-meters (Meghan Hunter) and steeplechase (Destiny Everett).
The men had four event wins last Saturday: the 400-meter hurdles, 3,000-meter steeplechase, javelin and discus throw. They also registered 11 top-three finishes in a day that saw numerous athletes debut in their outdoor collegiate careers.
Spencer Carlile led the way in the 400m hurdles among a field of 14 competitors as he crossed the line at 51.95. James Corrigan kicked off his first-ever outdoor competition with a time of 9:11.37 to finish atop the steeplechase, while Dallin Shurts placed first in the discus throw (58.61m/192-3) with a heave nearly 20 feet ahead of second-place. Cameron Bates claimed victor in the javelin with a 74.9m/245-9 mark.