Oversees media-related broadcast work for BYU Athletics, including radio, internet and social media platforms. Works closely with the corporate sponsorship sales team to create, propose, and secure sales and sponsorship programs. Serves as radio play-by-play broadcaster for BYU Football, BYU Men’s Basketball, BYU Women’s Soccer, and other sport broadcasts as assigned. Hosts weekly coaches’ shows and other shows as assigned.
Years at BYU
- 1996 - present (men’s basketball play-by-play)
- 2001 - present (football play-by-play)
- 2014 - present (women's soccer play-by-play)
- August 2016 - present (Director of Broadcast Media)
- BYU, B.A. Communications, 1990
- KSL Newsradio, October 1989 - July 2016
- Served an LDS mission in the Brazil, Sao Paulo, North Mission
- Married to Tauna and has four children: Jocelyn, Caitlan, Regan and Afton
- Enjoys reading, travel and sports
A native of Canada, Wrubell has been part of the BYU football radio broadcast crew since 1991, having served as the team’s play-by-play voice since 2001. He has been the radio play-by-play broadcaster for BYU basketball since 1996, and starting in 2014, has been the voice of BYU women’s soccer.
Wrubell, who graduated from BYU in 1990 with a degree in broadcast journalism, has been the long-time host of weekly BYU radio shows for football and basketball, and also covered the Cougars in various capacities for more than 25 years with BYU’s flagship radio station, KSL Newsradio.
Wrubell continues with his responsibilities as the Voice of the Cougars doing radio play-by-play for football, basketball and soccer. He also hosts weekly radio shows for football, basketball and soccer. In addition, Wrubell contributes regular features for BYUcougars.com and various social media platforms for the athletic department.
Greg and his wife Tauna make their home in Cedar Hills. They have a son and three daughters.