Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact phone: 801-473-2144
Years at BYU
- Helped lead BYU to a 22-7 (10-2 MPSF) record in 2018, winning the outright conference title and tournament championship for the second time in three years
- Helped advance the Cougars to the Final Four for the third-straight season for the first time in BYU history
- Coached for AVCA All-Americans in 2018: Brenden Sander, Gabi Garcia Fernandez, Leo Durkin and Price Jarman
- Helped lead BYU to a 26-5 (16-2 MPSF) record in 2017, winning a share of the conference regular-season title
- Helped his team advance to the national championship match of the NCAA tournament for a second-consecutive season in 2017
- Coached four AVCA All-Americans in 2017: Jake Langlois, Brenden Sander, Price Jarman and Leo Durkin
- Helped lead BYU to a 27-4 (19-3 MPSF) record in 2016, winning the outright conference title and tournament championship
- Helped his team advance to the national championship match of the NCAA tournament in 2016
- Coached four 2016 AVCA All-Americans: Brenden Sander, Ben Patch, Jake Langlois and Leo Durkin
- Handles player development
- Recruiting coordinator
- Lead coach at Gold Medal Squared Clinic since 2014
- 2016-17: Assistant coach with the SCVA High Performance Team in the International Youth Division at the USA Volleyball High Performance Championships - medaling twice (Silver: 2017, Bronze: 2016)
Bachelor's degree in exercise science in 2015
Redshirt freshman at Cal State Northridge in 2011
- Starting libero at BYU from 2012-15
- Named AVCA All-America Honorable Mention in 2015
- Helped his team to back-to-back MPSF regular-season and tournament titles in 2013-14
- Helped his team to consecutive NCAA tournament appearances in 2013-14
- All-time rally-scoring era leader in games played (431) and second in digs (762)
Dad Tino was the head women's volleyball coach at the University of Hawai'i at Hilo
BYU men's volleyball head coach Shawn Olmstead announced the hiring of former Cougar libero Jaylen Reyes as an assistant coach.
Reyes was the starting libero for the men's volleyball squad from 2012-15. During his time with the Cougars, he helped his team to back-to-back Mountain Pacific Sports Federation regular-season and tournament titles in addition to consecutive NCAA tournament appearances in 2013-14.
Reyes finished his career as the all-time rally-scoring era leader in games played (431) and second all-time in digs with 762. He also holds the fifth- and ninth-place spots for season digs (224 in 2015 and 199 in 2014). Additionally, Reyes sits at second-, third- and fourth-place for digs in an individual single match (18 vs. Stanford on April 7, 2015, 17 vs. USC on April 25, 2015, and 16 vs. Stanford on March 26, 2012).
Following the 2015 season, Reyes was named AVCA All-American Honorable Mention, the first such recognition of his career. He received additional accolades as an MPSF Scholar Athlete during his sophomore campaign.